Thermoguard Timbercoat is a durable fire protection paint for interior and exterior timber surfaces:
- Can also achieve 30 & 60 minutes Fire Resistance in certain instances
- Expands to create a barrier, insulating wood from heat and oxygen
- Class O Surface Spread of Flame
- BS EN Class B s1 d0, BS Class 1
UKAS Fire Test Standards
- BS EN Class B s1 d0
- BS Class 1 and Class 0
Thermoguard Timbercoat is a durable, wear, weather and wash resistant fire protection paint for decorative interior and exterior timber surfaces. Thermoguard Timbercoat meets new Fire Regulations standard BS EN Class B s1 d0 and complies with British Standard Class 1 and Class O Surface Spread of Flame. Thermoguard Timbercoat can also achieve 30 & 60 minutes Fire Resistance in certain instances, see Thermoguard Timbercoat 30 & 60 Minute System.
Intumescent and Water Vapour Action
When exposed to fire:-
- Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat releases a vapour to suppress toxic gasses & prevent flamespread.
- Thermoguard Timbercoat expands to create a barrier, insulating wood from heat and oxygen to prevent wood burning & fire penetration
Specification & Application
Prepare & apply according to manufacturer’s instructions
- 1 coat of Thermoguard Timbercoat
- 1 coat* of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat
*Apply 2 coats of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat for external or damp areas. 2 coats may also be required for strong/dark colours - To aid topcoat opacity Thermoguard Timbercoat can be tinted to undercoat shades if required at no extra cost - please call if required.
For 30 & 60 minute protection please see Thermoguard Timbercoat 30 & 60 Minute System.
For fire protection to doors, see Fire Door Upgrade Kits
- Apply to dry wood in dry conditions.
- Max. timber moisture content 18%.
- Max. relative humidity 70%.
- Min. temp 5°C and 2°C above dewpoint.
- Protect from rain until 1st coat of Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat is dry.