Rockwool Acoustic Intumescent Sealant
- Essential fire protection – the ROCKWOOL Acoustic Intumescent Sealant provides up to 4 hours fire protection in joints up to 30mm in width and is tested to both BS EN 1366-3 and BS EN 1366-4
- An effective smoke seal – stopping the passage of smoke in its tracks.
- Easy to apply and suitable for multiple substrates and services.
- Fast curing - the sealant offers approximately 15 minute tack free time and when fully cured, the sealant can be overpainted.
- Bespoke options – the ROCKWOOL Acoustic Intumescent Sealant is available as standard in white. Other colours are available for order, subject to order quantities. Please contact the ROCKWOOL Technical Solutions Team for further assistance.
Guidelines advise that the spread of fire inside a building can be minimised when provisions are made for elements of the structure to have a specified period of fire resistance. The ROCKWOOL Firestop Intumescent Acoustic Sealant is a fire stopping resource for thin linear joints.
As part of the FIREPRO® system, it efficiently reinstates the fire performance of compartment walls, floors where apertures are penetrated by multiple services. In addition to providing an effective fire and smoke sealant solution, the ROCKWOOL Acoustic Intumescent Sealant provides excellent acoustic performance by sealing linear gaps.
Handily available in 310ml cartridges, 600ml sausages and 5L tubs, it offers up to 4 hours fire protection in joints up to 30mm in all firewalls, when installed correctly in accordance with the instructions.
Acoustic Intumescent Sealant is third party approved by IFC, certifier, LPCB and has been CE marked against ETAG026-2.