RockWool Intumescent Expansion Joint Seal
- Easy to install – designed specifically for linear joints.
- Save time on-site – easy to handle and install, for fast and effective fire stopping.
- A sound choice – the FIREPRO® SoftSeal Linear Joint Seal is acoustically absorbent, preventing noise transfer through penetrations and linear joints in walls and floors.
- Stringent testing – tested for durability to current EU guidelines, it is assured that FIREPRO® Softseal Linear Joint Seal has the most robust fire stopping properties.
- Supplied pre-coated for ease of application, saving valuable time and money.
The ROCKWOOL FIREPRO® range is comprehensively designed for fire protection and fire stopping products. FIREPRO® SoftSeal Linear Joint Seal is made up of products specifically designed to create linear joint seals in buildings where movement is a factor in the design.
FIREPRO® SoftSeal Linear Joint Seal comprises low density stone wool mineral wool insulation, SoftSeal batt, pre-coated with SoftSeal Flexible Coating. It is designed for installation horizontally or vertically and can be applied to linear joint widths up to 300mm§. Where masonry walls finish below a suspended ceiling height there is significant risk of spread of flames and smoke, in addition to noise travelling between rooms day to day. FIREPRO® SoftSeal Linear Joint Seal can be used as a ‘head-of-wall’ barrier to extend the fire resistance and acoustic performance properties of the walls.
FIREPRO® SoftSeal Linear Joint Seal has been tested to BS EN1366-4 and has been proven to provide up to 4 hours’ fire performance (E240 & EI80). It has also been assessed for its movement capabilities, tested to accommodate movement, expansion and contraction, of +/- 25%.