Protecta EX Mortar is a dry white powder which consists of inorganic components and perlite. When water is added, a hardened thermal fire sealing compound for sealing through-penetrations that penetrate fire classified walls and floors.
The mortar expands approximately 1% during hardening and thus secures that through-penetrations and the walls and floors are sealed. The mortar hardens to a dry compound of approximately 1050 kg/m3 which may be sanded and drilled.
This mortar is particularly designed for good adhesion in order that fire sealing may easily be built in walls and under floors. It has also been tested for all types of through-penetrations in all types of constructions and may be combined with Protecta Cable Transit, Collar and Pipe Wrap. It may also be cast in floors with post-tensioned steel in order to construct a load bearing construction (the reinforcement must be rust proofed).
- Classified in walls and floors of concrete, brick, gypsum etc.
- Suitable for cables, bundled cables, cable racks, cable trays, steel, copper, alupex and plastic pipes and air ventilation ducts.
- Simple to apply leaving a very smooth finish.
- High degree of mechanical resistance; the seal is load bearing without reinforcement.
- No priming necessary prior to application in most building material substrates however metal services in contact with the seal must be corrosion protected.
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, bricks, Leca, steel, plastic etc, but not suitable to fittng of doors or in service openings that involve movement.
- The product is certified for use in gypsum walls but it is recommended to use Protecta® FR Boards for these applications.
- Fully set within 1 hour.
- The fire performance specification of the compound has been derived when the seal has been let to cure for 1 month.
- Nearly unlimited storage time.
Protecta Service Transit has been designed to maintain the fire resistance of walls and floors when ...
Protecta Pipe Wrap consists of a plastic wrapped graphite based swelling material that reacts with h...
A one part synthetic mortar which when mixed with water produces a trowelable or pourable compound s...