Protecta® FR ASF is designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and gases through openings in fire rated walls and floors, specifically linear joints and openings for building service penetrations. Protecta® FR ASF should be applied over suitable backing materials to ensure correct width to depth ratio and to reduce shrinkage of the joint during hardening. In areas with a high degree of humidity and/or in joints with excessive movement, use Protecta® FR IPT. Protecta® FR ASF is a 4 hour rated intumescent sealant formulated with fillers that provide noise reduction.
Protecta® FR ASF cures when it is subjected to atmospheric conditions, however it will retain a degree of elasticity for joint movement. Under fire exposure, Protecta® FR ASF creates a robust fire seal by the formation of a durable intumescent char.
The sealant has undergone tests to BS476: Part 20:1987 and BSEN 1366-3 with additional guidelines from BSEN 1366-4 for fire protection joints and testing in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-3:1995 for acoustic performance.
• Fire rated in both horizontal & vertical joints
• No priming required for most construction substrates
• Joint movement capability of 7.5% • For use in joints up to 50 mm wide
• Excellent slump resistance
• 18 months shelf life • Fast cure - tack free within an hour
• Easy to apply and tool off
• Halogen free
• Excellent adhesion to most common building substrates
• Reduces sound transmission in joints
Protecta FR Collar consists of a split white coated, circular steel casing designed to fit around pl...
Protecta Pipe Wrap consists of a plastic wrapped graphite based swelling material that reacts with h...
FR IPT is a high performance fire rated sealant, professional quality, one part ready to use sealant...